August 16, 2004
So today I wandered around trying to find my way around the city and familiarize myself with the streets. It was a good way to kill time until orientation. Orientation itself wasn't anything special I thought. Most of the information was in the handbook provided. They didn't give you any real tips for finding jobs or anything. Anyway, I then went to register with the garda as you're supposed to. And this was a mistake. I waited for two hours. In the meantime, all the stores closed, so I couldn't get my mobile phone. What I should have done was get the phone first and then go to the garda to register.
Secondly, my first incident happened. It's not extremely terrible and it could have been a lot worse but I am still pissed. This woman wanted to borrow my adaptor. So me being nice, said she could and to just leave it on my bed when she was done with it. I wanted to get to USIT to register for the orientation in the afternoon. Anyway, I got back to my room to find out that she had checked out with my adaptor!! So inconvenient. As I said, not a huge deal but just really inconvenient. And I've had to ask Claire to bring me one when she comes back here or I'll have to go and look for one.
I've had to move rooms as well. Not happy with this. Luckily I was just moved next door. I won't bore you with the details, but it's basically another inconvenience. I can't wait to leave here. Even into the small room. At least I my stuff will be somewhat safe and I don't have to worry about strange people taking my stuff.
Anyway, tommorrow I'm going to buy a phone, update my resume and start registering with the temp. agencies. I will take it from there. I hope everyone is well and happy.
PS - I'm a bit bored at the moment. I haven't met anyone new. At the orientation, there were 3 Americans - one was heading off to Galway straight away, and they didn't even bother sticking around to chat afterwards. Oh well - they looked like kids anyway. No one here either. Everyone seems to be doing their own thing.
Secondly, my first incident happened. It's not extremely terrible and it could have been a lot worse but I am still pissed. This woman wanted to borrow my adaptor. So me being nice, said she could and to just leave it on my bed when she was done with it. I wanted to get to USIT to register for the orientation in the afternoon. Anyway, I got back to my room to find out that she had checked out with my adaptor!! So inconvenient. As I said, not a huge deal but just really inconvenient. And I've had to ask Claire to bring me one when she comes back here or I'll have to go and look for one.
I've had to move rooms as well. Not happy with this. Luckily I was just moved next door. I won't bore you with the details, but it's basically another inconvenience. I can't wait to leave here. Even into the small room. At least I my stuff will be somewhat safe and I don't have to worry about strange people taking my stuff.
Anyway, tommorrow I'm going to buy a phone, update my resume and start registering with the temp. agencies. I will take it from there. I hope everyone is well and happy.
PS - I'm a bit bored at the moment. I haven't met anyone new. At the orientation, there were 3 Americans - one was heading off to Galway straight away, and they didn't even bother sticking around to chat afterwards. Oh well - they looked like kids anyway. No one here either. Everyone seems to be doing their own thing.

1 Comments:
Mei...you've got major resilience...I'm sure you'll be fine...but remember...if you need a package...give me your address and I'll send you my US Weekly's every month! =) love, murd
Post a Comment
<< Home